1. Who (are you?), What (do you for a living?), Where (do you live?)
Hi! First of all thanks for the invite, it’s nice of you.
My name is Julien Cheron and I’m 45. I come from France and I leave in Orléans which is a city next to Paris. I’m a married father of three.
I have been working in the cigar industry for 13 years (which explains my concept air cigar). In that way I can mixe two passions.
2. When did your love for sneakers start and why do you love sneakers so much?
I think I’ve always been a sneakers’ fan, for my birthday and Christmas, the gift was always a pair of sneakers. When I was younger, since I used to play tennis and basketball, I noticed some pairs like Agassi, McEnroe and Jordan.
But it was when I was 13/14 years old that I became addicted to sneakers. It was at the same time that i discovered hip-hop culture (I used to do graffiti and to be a DJ which gave me occasions to make French rap mixtapes and work with some groups). This accompanied me during my youth till 2000 when I opened my sneaker store in Clermont Ferrand (a city in the center of France) till 2005.
I was selling hip-hop brands (Ecko, Fubu, phatfarm, Dada). After 2 years I was able to open a Nike trend account, it was the period when dunks were trending and I maybe had a little collection of 80 pairs of low Air Force. At that time it was my fetish pair with baggy pants, it was the top.
3. Do you remember your first pair of sneakers? Which pair was it?
I don’t remember which one was the first, but I remember during my 4th year of high school, I made a traineeship in a sport store and I was in love with a pair of Air Max 1. My boss seeing me every day watching the pair of Air Max 1 blue, decided to give it to me after the traineeship. I was too shy to put them on my feet. Even after 30 years it’s still my favorite pair and I think I bought them 4 times
4. What’s your favorite brand and model?
My favorite brand without a doubt is Nike, my favorite model is the Air Max 1. I like huaraches, Air Max 180, Cortezes…
5. How many sneakers do you have in your collection?
Wooah it is a good question, I threw a lot of them, in fact I’ve never considered myself as a collector. I wear all my pairs, I gave or sold all my dunk and Air Force 1. I may still have 100-130 pairs and most of them are air Max 1.
6. What’s your favorite pair from your collection?
Air Max 1 Og blue for the sentimental side, I also really love Safaris and recently customs and bespoke.
7. Which pair(s) are still on your wish list?
Nike Air Max 1 master friends and familly
8. Do you have a favorite sneakerstore or sneakershop?
Flight club NYC
9. Which brand and / or model would you never wear in your life? And why is that?
All the futuristic pairs in fact, I’m also not a fan of sacai, big semelle, all this trend in general. Maybe because I’m an old one 🤣🤣🤣
10. Where can people follow you on your socials? (Instagram, Facebook, etc)