1. Who (are you?), What (do you for a living?), Where (do you live?)
My name is Alexandre, I am 25 years old and I live in the south of France in Toulouse.
I am a graphic designer in a sports betting company and when I am not working I buy, photograph and collect sneakers.
2. When did your love for sneakers start and why do you love sneakers so much?
I first became interested in sneakers over 8 years ago with the crazy collaboration between Asics and Ronnie Fieg on the Volcano.
3. Do you remember your first pair of sneakers? Which pair was it?
When I was younger I couldn’t afford a pair, but I was already a fan of the Air Max Plus.
My first pair? ….. I’ll say a pair of Nike Janoskis to do like Mac Miller (RIP). I bought it on a US website because it didn’t exist in France yet. It followed me for many years and little by little I started to buy new pairs.
4. What’s your favorite brand and model?
I have always been a Nike fan. Even though I have immense respect for Ronnie Fieg and his Asics collaborations, Nike is still predominant in my collection.
For my model? I think I’m right when I say Air Max 1. Even though I’m diversifying, I’m still a big fan of this silhouette.
5. How many sneakers do you have in your collection?
I don’t really know. 30, 40, maybe even 50. I’m someone who changes a lot and isn’t afraid to sell. So it’s very variable depending on my desires.
6. What’s your favorite pair from your collection?
In my collection? That’s a tough one. I would say my Nike Sacai. Why is that? I don’t know, but it’s a pair that I hated when it first came out and now I love. You either love it or hate it.
But to my surprise, many uninitiated people like it when I introduce it to them.
7. Which pair(s) are still on your wish list?
I don’t really have a pair on my wishlist. I’m someone who doesn’t set a wishlist for myself.
If I had to name a few pairs it would be: Puma x Ronnie Fieg Sakura, Air Max 1 Omega Pack Black Solar to complete my pack or an AJ4 Union.
8. Do you have a favorite sneakerstore or -shop?
No, in Toulouse we have Size? but I must admit I don’t go to a shop very often.
9. Which brand and / or model would you never wear in your life? And why is that?
I can wear any brand, I don’t spit on any of them. Each one has its qualities and faults.
But if I really had to choose one model it would be Balenciaga Triple S or Insta Pump Fury or Fila Disruptor. It’s just that I’m tall and I don’t like to have a pair that makes my feet look big.
10. Which sneaker in your collection was the hardest to find/get?
My pairs in wmns sizes. US10 in wmns (US11.5) is very hard to find or very expensive. I was lucky to find my Air Max 1 Pinnacle Mushroom, which I keep in excellent condition as I am sure I will never find it again.
I have friends who have been looking for it since the beginning and have never been able to find it.
11. What advice would you like to give to new sneakerheads?
I would take a message from a former collector who passed away in 2016:
“Stay yourself, don’t judge anyone before you know and above all it’s not the most expensive pair on your feet that will make you a person above the rest.” RIP Mike
12. What has been your biggest steal ever?
Thank God I’ve never had a theft. I hope it lasts for a long time.
13. How much time a day / a week do you spend on “sneakers”?
I don’t even calculate anymore. I spend a lot of time on it. It’s a way of life. I shoot, I look for new pairs, I talk with my friends, I observe in the street, …
14. How do your loved ones feel about your sneaker lifestyle?
My family understands and asks me for advice on buying pairs. My friends are not in this field (or not very much) and they still come and like and comment on my pictures. It makes me laugh.
15. Where can people follow you on your socials?
I’m on Instagram @akaKZL. Feel free to stop by and check out a bit of my sneaker addict life.
Thanks team for this interview! Take care of yourself!