1. Who (are you?), What (do you for a living?), Where (do you live?)
I am Dustin, 34 years old based in Cologne, Germany for 12 years now. But I will move in April with my little family to Kassel, Germany.
I am a special education teacher but I work as a thera-pist for autistic people here in cologne and will do that in Kassel too.
In addition I am a passio-nated photographer for sneakers, fashion and portray.
2. When did your love for sneakers start and why do you love sneakers so much?
In my early twenties (must be around 2006-2010) skateboarding was my biggest passion. Shoes were one big essential. Skateboarding has ended because of back and knees problems but the focus on shoes has survived.
For me sneaker collecting always represents sharing a passion with other people (I know in the last years there is a massiv drift to money thoughts but there are always people who do it for the passion and not for the money!).
3. Do you remember your first pair of sneakers? Which pair was it?
My mom has kept my first pair of sneakers. A toddler nike… sweet one. But if I go back to 2010/2012 when my passion really has started, it was the Nike Air Max 1 and especially the Air Max 90 Infrared.
I was shocked that shoes can be so expensive and be sold out. So I have made an 90’s ID Infrared for 180€. In 2012 I thought I must be crazy… but that was the first one which showed me that there are special pairs.
4. What’s your favorite brand and model?
After the AM90 Infrared I get into the Asics Gel Lyte 3 Collabo Hype. I have missed the Gel Lyte V Volcano Release at TheGoodWillOut, but my first pair was the Gel Lyte 3 Bait Vanquish. From that moment until now the Asics Gel Lyte 3 was and is my favorite model.
But I also like different models of New Balance (1500, 990, 992) and for sure a lot of Nike Air Max Models. In 10 Years of collecting, I would say around 300-400 pairs have visited my collec-tion.
5. How many sneakers do you have in your collection?
At the beginning I wanted to end my collection by 30 pairs. NO CHANCE. Then there was a bor-der of 60 pairs. NO Chance. Actually I am somewhere around 75 pairs. Good news in Kassel my sneaker will have their own room 🙂
6. What’s your favorite pair from your collection?
Just one answer: NikeCraft Tom Sachs Mars Yard 2.0
7. Which pair(s) are still on your wish list?
- NikeCraft Tom Sachs Mars Yard 1.0
- Asics Gel Lyte 3 Patta
- Nike Air Max 1 Aqua
- Nike Dunk High Michigan
8. Do you have a favorite sneakerstore or -shop?
The parties in the last years at AFEW STORE were really great. Hope to see the community back soon! So would say Afew is my favorite shop.
9. Which brand and / or model would you never wear in your life? And why is that?
I would never say never… but these extreme chunky sneaker like Balenciaga triple S are really not my business. The whole sneakerXfashion thing is not really my thing.
10. Which sneaker in your collection was the hardest to find/get?
The AFEW x Diadora v7000 Friends and Family “The Cure”, was a long search.
11. What advice would you like to give to new sneakerheads?
Be friendly and openminded. Don’t do it for the quick money.
12. What has been your biggest steal ever?
- Diadora Ferro
- Kangaroos Afew Peanut Butter
Not really turbo steals but really good prices 🙂
13. How much time a day / a week do you spend on “sneakers”?
I would say a lot.
14. How do your loved ones feel about your sneaker lifestyle?
Sometimes annoyed because I am doing another shooting or something else. Sometimes happy because I am gifting them shoes which I want to see on their feet. But I never would give the sneaker thing more space than my loved ones.
15. Where can people follow you on your socials?