1. Who (are you?), What (do you for a living?), Where (do you live?)
I’m Frederik 29 years old. Living the normal life in beautiful Copenhagen Denmark with my girlfriend. I work as a sales assistant in a clothing store.
2. When did your love for sneakers start and why do you love sneakers so much?
Probably around the early 2000s. Around there I started buying hip hop CDs and was introduced to sneakers at the same time.
I was still a small kid in school, so my interests were also others. But I think that was where I really got my eyes open for sneakers for the first time.
Why do I love sneakers? Big question. Some sneakers are like a piece of art to me. I can look at them forever and enjoy the details, the colors, the martrials. For me, sneakers are the most important part of an outfit.
You can have a basic clothing day but with the right sneakers you can look super fly! But I also love sneakers for the community, which has given me friends and many good talks with people from all over the world.
3. Do you remember your first pair of sneakers? Which pair was it?
But my first real “expensive” sneaker was a Nike Shox R4 with a zipper in silver / gray and red. Remember I was in a sports shop with my mom to buy them.
They only had them in one size too big for me and was about 100 euros, big money back then, especially as kid. My mother was like “Are you sure this is the pair?” and I was totally sure. Bad ass sneaker!
4. What’s your favorite brand and model?
Favorite brand Nike. Don’t own anything else. Favorite model the Air Max 1. Nothing will ever beat that silhouette.
5. How many sneakers do you have in your collection?
I think I have around 100 pairs at the moment.
6. What’s your favorite pair from your collection?
For me nothing will ever beat the Air Max 1 OG Red. So that will forever be my favorite! But my Atmos Elephants and my Atmos 3.0 Giraffe are really high on my list too for sure.
7. Which pair(s) are still on your wish list?
Grails will be the Air Max 1 Parra Friends & Family and to complete the Atmos 3.0 pack, so the Tiger and Leopard pair.
For more “normale” pairs I would like to add the Crepe pack and the Anniversary Aqua.
8. Do you have a favorite sneaker-store or -shop?
I would love to say yes. But in these times, almost everything is online for me. So from other collectors via Instagram, Facebook groups or StockX.
9. Which brand and / or model would you never wear in your life? And why is that?
It’s really not something I think about. My focus is on what I like, which is Nike.
10. Which sneaker in your collection was the hardest to find/get?
I have sold most of my older pairs which are for sure the ones that are hardest to find. But from my current collection I would probably say my Atmos 3.0 Giraffe.
11. What advice would you like to give to new sneakerheads?
Simple. Buy what YOU like! Collect what YOU like!
12. What has been your biggest steal ever?
Found my Air Max 1 x London Cloth Company deadstock for 130 euros. I feel that was a steal. Not a pair you get around very often.
13. How much time a day / a week do you spend on “sneakers”?
I spend a lot of time shooting photos for my Instagram. And then I spend time looking for new pairs and talking with friends about what they’re looking for or if they’ve seen a some new pairs and so on. So all in all probably too much time.
14. How do your loved ones feel about your sneaker lifestyle?
My girlfriend has for sure been affected Her collection has grown quite a bit over the last few years!
15. Where can people follow you on your socials? (Instagram, Facebook, etc)
On Instagram @frederikthorndahl