1. Who (are you?), What (do you for a living?), Where (do you live?)
My name is Mike. If I am not on a Safari I‘m working in HR (People Development) in Switzerland 🇨🇭🇨🇭🇨🇭
2. When did your love for sneakers start and why do you love sneakers so much?
It started quite early in my childhood but it was just window shopping back then. I‘m a 90s kid so sneakers were already part of the culture but gladly without the crazy hype.
I never was into fashion but kicks caught my attention. It’s dope how you can let your sneakers make the noise but only for those who speak the lingo (For everyone else it’s just shoes).
3. Do you remember your first pair of sneakers?
The first pair I really wanted was the 1994 Jordan 3 black/cement. The first pair I really got was a pair of early Air Max 90 retros but I was still one happy kid.
4. What’s your favorite brand and model?
That’s an easy one: NIKE! And the model has to be the crazy funky 1987 Air Safari. But running the @safari_kicks page this is no surprise I guess.
5. How many sneakers do you have in your collection?
I honestly never count because it’s always quality over quantity but it‘s about 500-520 pairs.
6. What’s your favorite pair from your collection?
Hard to tell but my favorite pairs are the ones with the best stories. The pairs I found after diggin in the boxes in hidden storage rooms of typical mom and pops stores in NY will always have a special place.
The 1of1s, iDs and Hybrids designed with friends sure also have an emotional value.
Oh and there are the lucky strikes like a pair of Patta Chloros which I bought during a visit in Amsterdam from a dude who had no idea what he was selling. We were both happy tho.
7. Which pair(s) are still on your wish list?
Although I‘m blessed to own almost every Air Safari I‘m still missing the OG pair from 1987. HMU if you can help
8. Do you have a favorite sneakerstore or -shop?
Nope – I rather hunt than shop.
9. Which brand and / or model would you never wear in your life? And why is that?
/// – no hard feelings, it’s just not my cup of tea.
10. Where can people follow you on your socials?