1. Who (are you?), What (do you for a living?), Where (do you live?)
Hi, I’m Kata, I’m 42 years old and I was born in Madrid, Spain. I am an interior designer and I currently work in a furniture and decoration store.
I am creative and I like graffiti, illustration, photography and the plastic arts in general. Ever since I was little I have loved all of this.
2. When did your love for sneakers start and why do you love sneakers so much?
I am aware of starting to buy sneakers when I was 19 years old, but I have liked them since I was a child, like everyone.
I was born in the golden age of the NBA, the Jordans, the Nikes of all the movies, we all wanted to have good shoes to go to school.
3. Do you remember your first pair of sneakers? Which pair was it?
As a child, I don’t remember well, I think the first ones my father bought me to play basketball were some Converses.
But the first shoes that marked me were the Reebok Pump, impressive with their inflatable tongue chambers.
4. What’s your favorite brand and model?
My favorite brand is Nike and my model is the Air Max 1, followed by the Air Max 90. In general, Air Max is the style that I have always identified with the most.
5. How many sneakers do you have in your collection?
About a hundred but I don’t know exactly. I am selling, I am buying. Space is a major issue when you collect
6. What’s your favorite pair from your collection?
My favorite pair of my collection is hard to say, I like so many… in general I like the vintage pairs better, I’m a sentimental.
7. Which pair(s) are still on your wish list?
There are still a few pairs left on my wish list. Some are impossible to get because they don’t exist in my size (I have a pretty small foot) and others are so expensive that I can’t buy them now.
the pair that I want so badly and can’t get back are the Pink Pack Flamingo. I had them when they came out, but I liked them so much that I hardly used others and destroyed them so much that they ended up in the trash.
8. Do you have a favorite sneaker-store or -shop?
I don’t have a favourite. I buy where I can and a lot online. Now there are a few stores so I keep changing.
9. Which brand and / or model would you never wear in your life? And why is that?
I have never thought that. I only think about what I want to buy, not what I don’t want
10. Which sneaker in your collection was the hardest to find/get?
When I started it was harder to find a pair. I’m not really looking for sneakers, I depend more on my budget than on finding them.
Right now you can find any pair you want, it all depends on the money you want to spend.
11. What advice would you like to give to new sneakerheads?
Have fun and enjoy it!
12. What has been your biggest steal ever?
The truth is that in my size I buy sneakers at a good price, I could tell you a few, for example, for the Air Max 1 Alabaster Dragon I paid less than €50, I don’t remember how much.
13. How much time a day / a week do you spend on “sneakers”?
14. How do your loved ones feel about your sneaker lifestyle?
My people love it because they see me happy doing what I like.
15. Where can people follow you on your socials? (Instagram, Facebook, etc