1. Who (are you?), What (do you for a living?), Where (do you live?)
My Name is Nico, i’ am 35 years old live in Magdeburg Germany and work as a furnishing consultant, or rather I sell furniture;)
2. When did your love for sneakers start and why do you love sneakers so much?
As a child, you also have been sneakers. Thanks to my father so while there like Adidas Samba or Adidas handball, as he swallowed as a Handballer.
As a child, I always liked soccer shoes, like the Adidas Predator, and later on when I was 13-14 years old, skateboarding was my thing and you had pairs from brands like És, Osiris, Vans or etnies.
Sneakers are always comfortable, go with almost everything and just look great, depends on the model and CW, of course 😉
3. Do you remember your first pair of sneakers? Which pair was it?
My first running silhouette was an Air Max 90 in gray and white, which I bought with my own money. That was in 2003. Since then, the love for runners began.
4. What’s your favorite brand and model?
My absolute favorite brand is New Balance and they have such a large selection of models that I find a favorite really difficult!
5. How many sneakers do you have in your collection?
Just over 130 pairs.
6. What’s your favorite pair from your collection?
As a “sneaker freak”, almost all models are the most popular! But small favorites like a New Balance 998, 993 the 990 series or a 1500 can be. 😉
7. Which pair(s) are still on your wish list?
There are also some such as 998 Premier, NB X ALD 990AL2, NB x ALD 997 Missmatched, Colette 1500 la mjc just to name a few.
8. Do you have a favorite sneakerstore or -shop?
I prefer to buy at 43einhalb, Asphaltgold, Solekitchen, Acribik, Gloryholeshop, because the service and the offer are always right!
The boys and girls definitely know what they are doing! But there are also other great stores.
9. Which brand and / or model would you never wear in your life? And why is that?
High Fashion Sneakers like Gucci, Dior, Balenciaga and all the other junk.
10. Which sneaker in your collection was the hardest to find/get?
Because there are so many resell markets such as StockX, Klekt or ebay. It’s not that difficult nowadays, but that’s the only way I got the New Balance 993, as it is otherwise not available here in Europe and I only got the End X NB 1500 “RainbowEucalyptus“ thanks to the raffle luck of my good friend @azzido!
11. What advice would you like to give to new sneakerheads?
Do not see the big money that you can maybe earn with sneakers but rather the shoe and wear them kindly and don’t let it get you down if you fail to receive a shoe. Health is much more important!
12. What has been your biggest steal ever?
I got the Atmos x Nike Air Max 1 Animal 2.0 and the Pinnacle Air Max 1 as a set for € 200 in great condition.
13. How much time a day / a week do you spend on “sneakers”?
Since I really have some on my feet every day, 24/7.
14. How do your loved ones feel about your sneaker lifestyle?
My sister and mother can’t really understand it. My wife and daughter are bothered by the lack of space.
15. Where can people follow you on your socials? (Instagram, Facebook, etc)
Unfortunately, you can only find me on Instagram, as this already takes enough time 😉
You can follow me on Instagram at @rippedbysoles!