1. Who (are you?), What (do you for a living?), Where (do you live?)
My name is Sascha, and I was born in Berlin. Today I live in the suburb of Berlin.
I work in a private medical company.
2. When did your love for sneakers start and why do you love sneakers so much?
My love for sneakers arose at a young age. Unfortunately, the most Pairs of sneakers were not financially viable at that time.
It took a lot of persuasion to get a pair of adidas sneakers.
3. Do you remember your first pair of sneakers? Which pair was it?
My first pair was an adidas Torsion Response lite, blue and I was unbelievable proud.
4. What’s your favorite brand and model?
Everyone knows that I have a burning passion for the Adidas ZX models, especially the ZX 8000.
5. How many sneakers do you have in your collection?
I count them a few times at the beginning, but I totally lost he overview. Many couples simply sleep in their boxes. But I would estimate something like 150 couples.
6. What’s your favorite pair from your collection?
My favorite couple? In fact, there are three – the ZX 9000 Wood Wood, ZX 9000 Citrus, and the ZX 9000 VA. Strangely, these are all 9000s although my favorite is the ZX 8000.
7. Which pair(s) are still on your wish list?
I have two pairs that I could easily imagine in my collection, the ZX 8000 Bodega and the ZX 8000 Goodfoot. Unfortunately, the older couples are no longer so easy to get. Gold dust for every ZX enthusiast.
8. Do you have a favorite sneakerstore or -shop?
Of course, I have! The Overkillshop in Berlin Kreuzberg. I feel like a kid in a candy store there.
On the one hand this is due to the proximity to ZX which is lived there. On the other hand, the attention to the details in releases and events.
It doesn’t matter if it is the boss or the salespersons, everyone is close to the customer, and they try to make everything possible.
9. Which brand and / or model would you never wear in your life? And why is that?
Puma – somehow, I don’t like anything!
10. Which sneaker in your collection was the hardest to find/get?
One of my top models, the ZX 9000 VA from 2008, was not available to me for a long time.
I had to spend a lot of money and was lucky enough to find one in my size that was still in top condition.
11. What advice would you like to give to new sneakerheads?
“When the time is right, the shoe will come.”
Unfortunately, I had to learn that first. Sometimes I have paid too much for some couples.
But the most important thing for me is the hunt and if you pay high sums the charm of the hunt will quickly gone. Anyone waving money will quickly get their pairs, but where’s the attraction then!?
They put their pairs in the closet without much joy about the deal and in the end, you start selling everything again. I can’t get anything out of that.
12. What has been your biggest steal ever?
Oh yes, that wasn’t that long ago. I was offered the ZX 9000 VA Sample, that’s just amazing. I am so grateful that I was thought of here. If you should read this, I heart you!
13. How much time a day / a week do you spend on “sneakers”?
Hard to say, I don’t buy sneakers every day, but I try to take great pictures for the community and always keep an eye on the next release.
Maybe that’s about 3-4 hours a week but of course that varies.
14. How do your loved ones feel about your sneaker lifestyle?
Oh yes, everyone has their quirks and of course some people smile about me, but most of them are interested and have a lot of questions.
In the family, it’s all normal and not a big issue.
15. Where can people follow you on your socials?
You can find me on Instagram / Facebook at @sashlebang. Everyone is welcome on the channel but don’t be angry if I can’t follow everyone back.
You are welcome to write me a message to get in touch with me.