1. Who (are you?), What (do you for a living?), Where (do you live?)
I am Yannik (better known as Swoosh_Fever), I’m 26 years old work as a customer service and live in northern Germany.
2. When did your love for sneakers start and why do you love sneakers so much?
My Love for sneakers started around a decade or so. I was skating at the time like many other people in my age and I only worn one pair per time till it was destroyed but later I saw many other skate shoes and then the addiction for more pairs began.
3. Do you remember your first pair of sneakers? Which pair was it?
If we talk about skate shoes it would be a random pair from Lakai or Emerica but the first Sneaker was from Nike but I don’t really remember what pair/silhouette was.
4. What’s your favorite brand and model?
I´m team Nike only, maybe some Vans Era for the summer. My favorite and most common silhouette in my collection is the Air max 90.
5. How many sneakers do you have in your collection?
I have around 90-100 pairs and I always say, it’s not about how many you have, but what you have.
6. What’s your favorite pair from your collection?
My favorite pair in my collection will always be the Air Max 90 Women Navigation Pack (the best Pack Nike ever released in my opinion) because the whole combination of grey lasered leather, light blue mudguard, brown swoosh and orange/red air unit and the story behind the design makes it the perfect pair for me.
7. Which pair(s) are still on your wish list?
There are many pairs still on my list, but if I have to count some I need the Air Max 1 Shima Shima 1 (My favorite Air Max 1) again for the third time, because I trashed two pairs in the past years.
And also the Stash Air Max BW and obviously the Air Max 90 Radient Red from 1990 in the best condition you can find.
8. Do you have a favorite sneakerstore or -shop?
My favorite Shop would be HHV from Berlin. I buy shoes and clothes at HHV for seven years now and they always have what I’m looking for. The best selection of new Nike´s and clothes from my favorite brands.
9. Which brand and / or model would you never wear in your life? And why is that?
I’m Nike only but I would never wear a Nike Flystepper 2k3.
10. Which sneaker in your collection was the hardest to find/get?
The hardest to find pair was the Women Air Burst from the Navigation. Finding women pairs in your men size is always the biggest struggle.
I searched many years for the pair in my men size and six weeks ago I found a pair on Ebay just named as Air Max UK8. I gone crazy and won the auction.
And like always when I finally found a special pair after years other pairs pop up. In this case a good friend in France saw that a local shop near to him have a near deadstock pair with box in my men size too.
I didn´t thought about it said: hook em up and send them over! Now I have one pair to stock and one to get sole swapped.
11. What advice would you like to give to new sneakerheads?
I always tell people when they are new; be yourself, find your own style and just because a lot of people have models like an Air Max 1 Chlorophyll doesn’t mean that you need one to be a sneakerhead.
You can be inspired but be individual and not act like everyone else.
12. What has been your biggest steal ever?
My biggest steal was a Womens Air Max 90 JD Sports Exclusive from 2003 in my men size which bought on Ebay some years ago for just 15€. The best steals are always those where the seller don’t know what he/she is selling at the moment.
13. How much time a day / a week do you spend on “sneakers”?
Comparing to normal people with no addiction to Shoes too much (haha). Every evening I refresh Vinted, Ebay, Depop etc. to find good pairs for steal prices. I mean who doesn’t would like to buy a pair for 30€ which normally sell for 200€.
14. How do your loved ones feel about your sneaker lifestyle?
My parents always support me and proud of me what I´m doing. And I’m always the supplier for the family if someone need new cool shoes. Like my little cousin. He always get a new pair of Air Max 90 when he have birthday. You have to teach em young.
15. Where can people follow you on your socials?